The world of Technology is constantly growing and advancing towards making the world a more connected one. The year 2015 witnessed several innovative breakthroughs in the technical world and the several concepts introduced during 2015 will be seen taking a form and becoming a trend in the year 2016. Out of a plethora of technological innovations, we have sorted out a few that we believe would become a major part of reality and a very successful trend in the new year:
- Internet of Things (IoT): Internet of Things (IoT) is defined as “the network of physical objects or “things” embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and network connectivity, which enables these objects to collect and exchange data.” This is definitely going to be the key technological development of 2016. IoT is poised to connect everything, everywhere around the world. By connecting devices with each other and enabling sensor-to-machine and machine-to-machine communication things around the world will better interact and turn informations into actions.
- Virtual Reality: The success of Facebook Inc’s Oculus Rift, the first consumer-level VR headset, paved the way for virtual reality into the consumer market. The process of creating a virtual world, with physical attributes of the real world, where users can freely interact is termed as Virtual Reality(VR). VR is poised to grow to greater heights in the year 2016. The potential of VR to create artificial sensory experiences like smell, hear, touch, feel, etc., is the basic attraction for users to try VR headset/goggles.
- Wearables: 2015 witnessed the entry of Apple Inc’s most personal device till date – the Apple Smart Watch. The Apple Inc. wearable might have had mixed reactions, but one thing is sure that it indeed made people comfortable with the concept of smart wearable and to have insightful interactions with a tiny smart device. Thus, in 2016 more players are sure to enter the wearables market and make it a smart trend.
- Smart Cars: End of 2015 witnessed setting up of the vision of Driverless Driving or in other words autonomous vehicles/smart cars. Now in 2016 the ground work is being developed upon to get onto the mission of creating smart cars and you will see partnerships between tech companies and automobile manufacturers growing this year to work towards development of smart cars.
- 3D Printing: 3D Printing refers to various processes used to synthesize a three-dimensional object and a 3D Printer is considered as an industrial robot. 3D Printing has advanced and is greatly advancing to support usage of wide range of materials including advanced nickel alloys, carbon fiber, glass, conductive ink, electronics, pharmaceuticals, biological materials, etc. Along with the positive advancement, the practical applications of 3D printers is penetrating into more industries and sectors like military, automotive, aerospace, etc. Thus, in 2016 you are going to see more demand and use of 3D printers over normal printers.
- Artificial Intelligence: Artificial Intelligence (AI) is defined as the “intelligence exhibited by machines or software”. However, in the words of John McCarthy, who coined this term in 1955, AI is “the science and engineering of making intelligent machines”. AI and the science related to it is sure to become the biggest technological attraction of the year 2016. Many companies is getting set to launch and start selling Robots this new year
- Drones: Drone is a remote controlled aircraft or also known as unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) capable to bring out several highly beneficial breakthroughs in research and development of innovative solutions. Recently, I watched a video showcasing the beauty of a dolphin manifested ocean, that a person beautifully captured from a level well above sea level using drone. Thus, in 2016 Drones is definitely going to become a major part of most researches, entertainments and lot more activities.