Software Engineering |
Top 10 Software Engineering Trends for 2022
Top 10 Software Engineering Trends for 2022
Software engineering conceptualizes the entire lifecycle of software applications by analyzing user requirements and designing, developing, and testing end-user products. A software engineer follows a systematic process to understand the requirements and works with multiple teams and various professionals to create the outline of the applications, components, or modules to meet the specific requirements of a business enterprise successfully. Over the past couple of years, software engineering has revolutionized to meet the challenges and requirements of enterprises. Here is a list of the top 10 software engineering trends to look for in the year 2022.
- Cloud-native technology This is one of the prominent software engineering trends that allows companies to manage their resources judiciously at uncertain times. Cloud-native software designs and architecture empower organizations to run their software inside a hybrid, public as well as a private cloud during times of uncertainty by providing much-needed flexibility. The features of apps designed in cloud-native technology are easily manageable and resilient; these features allow software engineers to make high-impact changes whenever required with minimal effort.
- Kubernetes Kubernetes also known as K8s is an open source system that is used by business enterprises to build, deploy and automate applications from either public cloud platforms or on-premises infrastructure hosted by Cloud Native Computing Foundation. Some of the key features of Kubernetes include auto-scaling of applications, lifecycle management, load balancing, and DevSecOps support among a few others. This platform is ideal for managing and deploying containerized applications on multiple hosts.
- Predictive analytics is a popular software engineering trend Predictive analytics uses past data, machine learning, and statistical algorithms to forecast future events. There is a humongous amount of structured as well as unstructured data available for businesses to use. Predictive analytics makes it possible to gain valuable insights from these data to make data-driven accurate business decisions to gain a competitive edge over rivals. More and more businesses are integrating predictive analytics models into their everyday operations to help evaluate and validate, the strength and weaknesses of a business strategy.
- Edge Computing Edge Computing is a cutting-edge technology that is bound to gain popularity soon as it has the ability to reduce latency, and bandwidth usage, and improve privacy and security. This technology brings the communication between the client and server closer. With the rise of the Internet of Things(IoT) and smart wearables, this is one of the software engineering trends that designers have to keep a close watch on.
- Web 3.0 From Web 1.0 and Web 2.0 we are gradually moving towards Web 3.0, the third-generation web application. Unlike the previous versions, the web pages in Web3.0 will be interactive and sophisticated but will keep the three basic architecture design tiers such as interaction, computation, and information intact. It is said that the third generation of web applications may make it possible to process data and information with human-like intelligence through cutting-edge technologies such as Artificial Intelligence and blockchain. The four features that would be imperative while designing the third generation web would be Semantic Web, Artificial Intelligence, Ubiquity, and 3D Graphics. Web 3.0 is an upcoming software engineering trend that software designers have to keep in mind while designing web applications.
- Microservices architecture Another software engineering trend the designers have to look out for is microservices architecture also known as microservices. This style allows large applications to be disintegrated or separated into smaller independent units each with its own set of functionalities. This model allows the developers to focus on developing the services and not on the dependencies. The advantage of this design is that when a user sends a request, the application in turn calls multiple internal microservices to complete the response.
- No-Code or Low-code Development Platforms The No-Code approach is gaining popularity among non-technical business users because the user need not write even a single line of code. The concept of Low-code allows the user to design and develop applications using embedded functionalities and graphical tools as per the requirement. Simply put, the Low-code approach is gaining popularity due to the augmented and simplified experience it offers to create an application in less amount of time. However, a user should have basic programming skills to use Low-code platforms. Both these development platforms allow the users to deploy, manage and deliver pipelines for software solutions. These platforms are one of the software engineering trends to look out for in 2022.
- DevSecOps Another software engineering trend that tops the chart in the year 2022 is DevSecOps. DevSecOps consists of three disciplines – Development, Security, and Operations of any software development. The aim of this model is to integrate security into an application at the development as well as testing stages seamlessly. It allows near-real-time running of security tests which gives insight to the developers to find out if there are any security lapses or errors.
- Outsourcing IT tasks With changes in market demand happening at lightning speed, organizations are forced to make the necessary changes to their business process software every now and then. Instead of organizations developing their own customized software, they are outsourcing certain specific applications, and services to external service providers. These service providers can be either domestic, nearshore, or offshore.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)and Machine Learning (ML)Approach Organisations are aiming at making accurate real-time decisions based on real-time data. There is a rising trend to use AI and ML tools in data-driven as well as user-driven applications where the data is collected and provided to complex ML models that are later run on handheld mobile devices. This approach makes data collection easier and cost-effective for making complex decisions quickly and at ease. This Software engineering tool is currently trending.
Software engineering is a vast field where professionals have to coordinate with a team of designers, writers, coders, and testers to articulate the requirements of the businesses. The new era of business houses is well aware of the impact software engineering has on the daily operations of one’s business. Therefore, software engineering is here to stay and the above-mentioned software engineering trends 2022 will help business enterprises to develop quick, better, and efficient software products that help in making fast, accurate decisions, and strategizing market plans to be ahead of their competitors.
Focaloid is a reputed software service and solutions company catering to clients in the US and UK. The company has a sizable pool of software engineering professionals who have the expertise and experience to customize strategies that enable them to help grow your business. Reach out to us to meet your specific and unique software engineering solutions.