Review of Existing System
As a first step, we reviewed the existing implementation, identified potential issues with the current approach and recommended changes to create a new solution which will be scalable, more efficient and easily maintainable. The following were the major problems identified by our architects.
- Non-modular design and lack of a layered approach
- Data sets were reloaded and computed during each refresh, resulting in slow loading time
- Same data was loaded multiple times to PowerBI
- Slow performance resulting from the non-modular approach
- High maintenance, hard to make changes
- The current architecture was not scalable
- PowerBI dashboards were not designed properly
Due to frequent fixes to the system, a lot of requirements from the business teams were yet to be implemented, resulting in a large backlog.