App Development |
Types of Application Development Services
Types of Application Development Services
Many organizations offer application development services today. Several make claims about their quality and affordability. It is wise not to go solely by their word. Verify their quality by communicating with past clients. Ask yourself what price is okay with you. Can the outsourcing company deliver the goods to your satisfaction? Will the deliverable address the needs and preferences of your customers? Sometimes you may need software built from scratch. In some cases, you may want to modify existing software. Finally, you may want to upgrade legacy software. We take a look at the different kinds of relevant and presently prevalent application development services.
Different Types of Application Development Services
- Cloud Computing This technology is in vogue in the present and is expected to boom in the future. Services can be used from any geographical location using the Internet and authentic login details. Benefits include pay as per usage, high security, outsourcing of software management, seamless scalability, no burden of maintenance, and more. More and more software is hosted on the cloud. For the uninitiated, the cloud is a dedicated remote server that hosts software applications, storage, computing apps, and other useful components. For cloud applications, you need a first-rate provider of application development services.
- Application development is the design and development of individual software or a group of software that offers useful functionality and features. The software can come in varied sizes and fall under different software domains. Development is done using different technologies and software development models. Stages of development include requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment as well as maintenance. Types of application development include desktop application development, web application development, and mobile application development. Choose seasoned application development services entities for the best results.
- API (Application Program Interface) The full form of API is Application Program Interface. With their help, programmers can develop software that is compatible with multiple operating systems. Leveraging API, you can seamlessly link different software modules together. It enables integration of as well as communication between different software programs. API makes it easy to connect to databases and convenient to integrate with third-party apps. Look for application development services providers who specialize in this domain.
- Mobile Software Most people own and use smartphones today. Mobile devices contain a plethora of mobile apps. Since they are easy to carry, mobiles can be used at any time and from any geographical location. Many apps are built for Apple’s iPhones, Android mobiles, and other kinds of mobile devices. The challenge is to have a display that fits into the relatively small screen sizes. Also, apps have to work keeping in mind the limited computing power of smartphones. Recreational activities, business meetings, and eCommerce transactions all take place using the ubiquitous smartphone. Today there exist umpteen mobile application development services providers in the market.
- Web Software Nearly everybody is using the Internet today. So, there is a large market to have websites. The latter should be attractive, fit on different screens and load quickly. Web browsers are used to open and navigate different websites. Ecommerce sites need a convenient shopping experience as well as watertight security. Today there exist a large variety of technologies to develop attractive and powerful websites. Web application development services are provided by a large number of entities presently.
- A full-stack expert knows both the front-end technologies and back-end technologies to develop software. The front-end is the GUI (Graphical User Interface) or visual part of the software. The back-end is usually a server or database accessed using programming logic. Some developers know only to create the front-end. Back-end experts know the program as well as interact with databases as per interactions by users with front-end elements. Full-stack developers are expensive but worth the investment in terms of meeting deadlines, quality of software, and restricting expenses as per budget. Many application development services firms offer a wide choice of full-stack developers.
- A backend development website having only a frontend lacks value. You need to make it interactive and achieve business value. There is a host of stellar back-end technologies. Back-end developers generally lack knowledge of developing a website or app’s GUI. However, they know how to connect to databases and add programming logic. Their work is also known as server-side scripting.
- Frontend/GUI Development The GUI makes the first impression on a visitor. It should fit different screen sizes, be attractive, be easy to navigate as well as load quickly. There are developers skilled in various front-end technologies. Investing in a quality frontend is a strategic move that makes sound business sense. You have the option of hiring full-stack developers or separate front-end and back-end developers to design and build your website. Application software for smartphones is also called mobile apps or simple apps. Focaloid is adept at delivering apps that are superior in terms of design, testing, and user-friendliness.
Different Types of Mobile Application Development Services
- Building Custom Apps These applications incorporate the unique requirements and preferences of the client. Ready-made software has a one size fits all design. However, by having custom software in place you can focus on your niche audience and provide superior value. The result is better branding and ramped-up revenues as well as profits.
- Building Front-End Apps These apps can be pre-installed on the smartphone. Otherwise, you can download them from the app stores for free or for a price. The app should not consume a large number of resources and should be simple to navigate. You need the service of a skilled front-end developer to craft user-friendly and fast-loading mobile apps. If the app doesn’t load fast the visitor is likely to abandon the app and switch to competitor apps.
- Building Backend Apps Backend makes an app come alive offering communication and relevant information. For this purpose, skilled and experienced backend developers are a must. Uses include eCommerce transactions, browsing social media, checking the news, playing games, and more. Security and confidentiality of data are primary concerns.
- Building Cross-Platform Apps These types of apps are designed to work on different mobile operating systems. The same code can be reused across multiple mobile platforms. They are not as powerful as native apps but come close. You don’t have to develop different apps for different mobile platforms. So valuable time and money are saved which could be diverted to other purposes.
- Building Native Apps These types of apps work only on a specific operating system. They fully utilize the features and functionality of a particular mobile platform. The result is superior as well as uninterrupted performance. Remember native apps work on a single mobile platform and you will have to build new apps for other mobile platforms. This is an option for users wanting a premium experience.
More Types of Application Development Services
- Maintenance and Support Services It is not enough to design and develop useful applications. They must operate smoothly in the future. It is imperative to have stellar maintenance and support services. There can be many problems even after deploying application software. The software can hang. It can give incorrect results. The software may be slow. It may collapse under heavy workloads. It is best to assign maintenance services to the organization that designed and built the application software. They are familiar with the technology used and existing source code. Compared to new entities they will quickly get to the root of the problem. As such, they provide superior service at lesser expense and time consumed.
- Migration to Another Platform You may already have full-fledged software. The business requirements may have changed. Or the technology used to craft the software may be outdated. Maybe you want to integrate the software with other software. You need professionals who have expertise and experience in stellar migration services. The full functionality of the old software will be retained. The look and feel of the interface will remain the same to avoid a steep learning curve. Documentation will be created to transit to the newly developed software. If you want you can make the existing software more user-friendly. You have the option of introducing new features and functionality into the application software.
- Desktop Applications This type of software does not need the Internet to run. Most providers have vast experience in developing, deploying, and maintaining desktop applications. As a result, they cost less and are built in a relatively short span of time. Look for providers who offer user-friendly, attractive, engaging, and powerful desktop applications. Offer them multiple desktop application projects to get discounts. Instead of building generic desktop applications go a step further by asking for custom desktop applications. For achieving that the provider should be provided detailed and complete information about your company, your customers, and major competitors.
If possible, try out the different software developed by the companies offering application development services. Request a copy of the processes they follow. Study their portfolio and ask what challenges they encountered and solved while developing particular software applications. Ask for their quotes so you can compare them with other providers. Brainstorm with your team members to decide which is a good fit for your organizational needs. Ask the provider why you should choose them over other existing providers. What is their unique selling proposition? Do they have a disaster or backup plan ready in the event the software fails? What is the process and quality of their documentation? What is their total experience in application development services? What technologies do they leverage for application development services?
Focaloid is a stellar software development products and services company catering to clients in the US & UK. We have the necessary expertise and experience in different types of application development services. Focaloid has a team of talented and seasoned professionals in various domains and technologies. Over time we have established a mature outsourcing model which is productive, efficient as well as effective. You can safely rely on us to deliver outstanding software solutions and services within stipulated deadlines. Contact us at the earliest to know how we can help you. We are committed to superior client satisfaction and mutual growth.